Roads beyond counting and buildings that block the very sun. A city that stretches without measure and whose secrets are without number...
A sprawling metropolis, built on the bones of cities long forgotten, it is as every bit as colorful and chaotic as it is deadly and unforgiving. It is ruled from the glistening Spires above; The Nobles, demigods of flesh made gold, who’s tyrannical whims ebb and flow like bloody tides across the city. Yet, as tall as the city towers above, so too does it descend below, where dark and terrible things roil with hunger beneath the cobblestone streets...
This city eats people. Never forget that.
What is Into the Cess & Citadel?
Into the Cess and Citadel is a supplemental TTRPG book for those seeking to incorporate a strange, colorful, and terrifying city into their role-playing game. Presented within the book is a comprehensive guide to running adventures or campaigns within a fantastical city, along with an overhaul of the adventuring system to better accommodate the unique challenges and benefits of a sprawling urban environment.
Currently, the book includes:
• Rules for traveling and surviving in a city; including exploration, traffic, and hazards.
• Tools for generating unique urban factions and their complicated relationships.
• Guides for running each of the urban environments presented within the book and pointers on how they differ from dungeons or wilderness.
• Step-by-step guides for generating and running three unique city landscapes: the sprawling Megacity, the dungeon-like Undercity, and the dangerously opulent Spires.
• Hundreds of tools, hirelings, contraband and services both mundane and strange.
• Unique districts to explore and exploit, from the grand libraries of the Archivists to the industrial hellscapes of the Foundry.
• Dozens of tables for dressing shops, streets, NPCs and more.
• 50+ monsters ranging from Depraved Aristocrats, Sewer Walruses, and Dire Pigeons
• Magical artifacts, curious spells, diseases, locations and more…
• All written in a system-neutral format for use in most role-playing games.
With tools and options for Player and Referee alike, Into the Cess and the Citadel is a complete resource for any foray into the urban adventure.